- Use "quotation marks" to find the exact match of the search term or phrase, e.g. "scope of works” “pre-existing conditions”.
- Use and to find matches for all the search terms, e.g. “Financial Adviser” and “Consumer Guarantees Act”.
- Use or to find cases with at least one search term, e.g. “credit card” or “travel insurance” will find cases containing credit card or travel insurance or both.
- Use and not to restrict your search, e.g. non-disclosure and not health will exclude health insurance cases relating to non-disclosure.
- Use (parentheses) to group search terms, e.g. “Canterbury earthquake” and (“temporary accommodation” or “cash settlement”)
- Use "YEAR: XXXX" e.g. “gradual damage” and "YEAR: 2008" will find gradual damage cases from 2008 only.